Friday, June 13, 2008

The Little Men In My Head


I think I'm hard to talk to. My eyes wander. Attention is distracted. I'm scattered to say the least. If I ever get a brain scan I'm sure they would find little well dressed men inside of my head- all humming different songs. Working. Getting in fights. And cooking spam.

Because of this, I've told myself that this summer I will finish some projects. I've got a million things in my head, things already started. Half done things. So, I am committed to finishing something. One of which is this owl picture. I painted him with the intent of painting a friend for him to hang with. Problem is, he's been hanging on my wall with no friend. It's driving my symetry loving self insane. I feel like my house might tip over if I don't balance this with a companion piece on the other side.

So, join me in my True Confessions. What undone project do you need to work on this summer?

3 comments:

christina grandstaff said...

I started painting my boys' room from lime green (old girls' room) to scarlet & gray many many months ago. So far I have two walls painted 1/2 red. That's it. It's not pretty. I could go on and on...

Jaena said...

The list is long...but I may not get to it because if preparing for leading VBS (next week), Family Camp (July), and WMCR (September). Maybe those can count as projects for my own task-oriented little brain.

Tisha Alexander said...

There are SO many things! I think the biggest one is getting our Disney scrapbook DONE. I have everything for it, it is just sitting down and getting it done! Shannon, I must say you are SO very talented!! I wish I could paint, decorate my house and take pictures as well as you. :)