Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hi, I'm Shannon and My Husband's In A Band

Isn't that weird. My husband is in a band? (You can not open that link in Explorer-use another browser). His band is called Sheltershed and no I don't know what that means. It's not that I don't think he's cool. It's just - he's so unbandly like.

I mean do people who are in a band track monthly expenses with graphs and pie charts? Do people who are in bands have bedtime routines? Do people in who are in bands clean out the liter box as if their life depends on it. Do people who are in bands come home each evening and put on their "houseclothes" (including house shoes)? I just don't picture your band types doing these things.

To top it all off... it's electronic music. What? " What did you say? Is that some kind of new age genre?" How do you explain electronic music to someone who listens to Brooks and Dunn and Trisha Yearwood? Not that there's anything wrong with Brooks and Trisha. It's just so hard to explain. "Well what instrument does he play?" Um... a computer. "He plays a computer? Well that's just weird." Then, the conversation is over and we all go home.

Here's a song for you to enjoy. Hang with it past the front- local talent Vanessa sings Cloud City.

No comments: